[Development] On qbs use inside Qt

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Fri Feb 17 14:24:22 CET 2012

On 17/02/2012 05:41, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2012 09.19.20,
> eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
>> <wonder>Why would that mean to reject
>> http://codereview.qt-project.org/16019 ?</wonder>
>>
>> It just adds files that could be used for building Qt Creator with
>> qbs, but it doesn't disrupt anybody's workflow as long as they use
>> qmake. Which still is the only supported and required build system
>> for Qt Creator. Any change that does not build with qmake will be
>> rejected.
>
> You're opening the door for anyone to come in and supply their own
> buildsystem files for Qt Creator, before any decision on which one we
> want in the end is made.
>
> If the Creator team is fine with that, then go ahead.
>
> I don't want those changes in the modules I am watching for. I get
> enough emails from Gerrit as it is.

As Qt Creator is working towards integrating qbs into the product, I
think it's only natural that the qbs files are added to the Qt Creator
repository. Qt and Qt Creator are two separate products, and obviously
can have separate policies.

Also, qbs is already capable of building Qt Creator, so adding the files
make sense. It's not yet capable of compiling Qt, so adding those files
obviously don't make sense yet.

--
.marius