[Development] No Finished signal from QProcess!

lata agrawal lata07agrawal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:09:12 CET 2012

Hi,

I am running console application C1 in QProcess. I am starting this console
application C1 from another console application C2. Problem is:

I am only getting finished signal from C1 when I use waitforfinshed() else
I am not getting finished signal from C1. Here is the code:

                QString strProgram;
                strProgram = <Path to C1>;

updateProc->setProcessChannelMode(QProcess::ForwardedChannels);
                connect(updateProc,
SIGNAL(finished(int,QProcess::ExitStatus)),
SLOT(procStarted(int,QProcess::ExitStatus)), Qt::DirectConnection);

updateProc->setStandardOutputProcess(this->thread()->parent());
                updateProc->start(strProgram, arguments);

                Download is over, indicate through bool variable that next
downlaod can be started
                if(updateProc->waitForFinished(-1))
                {
                    qDebug("Update process finished!\n");
                }
                else
                {
                    qDebug("Update process not yet finished!\n");
                }

void FloDownloadManager::procStarted(int retVal ,QProcess::ExitStatus
exitStat)
{
    qDebug("Update process finished automatically!\n");
    if(currentExecutingPriority == AdsUpdate)
    {
        emit adUpdateDone();
    }
    blnStartNextUpdate = true;

    updateProc->deleteLater();
}

*If I comment the waitforfinished() code, I don't get the finished signal.
But if I include the waitforfinished() signal, I don't get the finished
signal*. Code for C1 is as follows:

#include <QtCore/QCoreApplication>
#include "updater.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);

    qDebug("Inside Updater\n");

    QTimer::singleShot(5000, &a, SLOT(quit()));
    qDebug("returning from Updater process!@@@@@@@@\n");

    return 0;
}

I fail to understand what is going on wrong here. Someone please help.

Regards,
Lata