[Development] Qt Simulator with Qt 5?

Oliver Wolff oliver.wolff at nokia.com
Mon Jan 2 11:13:58 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 28.12.2011 22:25, schrieb ext Jeff Tranter:
> I am working on a project with Qt 5 where the Qt Simulator would be very
> useful. According to the Wiki document
> (http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Qt_Simulator) there are five
> components that need to be built. Is anyone working on porting them to
> Qt 5? If not, would this be a major effort? Would other people find it
> useful?

If I understand you correctly you want to use the Simulator to simulate
a Qt 5 application inside of it? If yes, there is no need to build the
Simulator using Qt5, but you have to have a lighthouse plugin for the
Simulator. So basically that would mean, that a platform plugin has to
be done for the Simulator in Qt5 and probably some changes in the
Simulator are needed as well. As far as I know, nobody is working on
that at the moment.

Cheers,
Olli