[Development] V8's location

Kent Hansen kent.hansen at nokia.com
Tue Jan 3 15:51:40 CET 2012

Den 30. des. 2011 15:06, skrev ext Thiago Macieira:
>>> The Qt v8 repo is a clone of the official v8 git repo, so we preserve
>>> whatever formatting Google has chosen.
>> Doesn't mean they have sane procedures...
>>
>> But that's yet another reason for it to move out of qtbase. People are far
>> less likely to modify the qt5.git repository than qtbase.git.
> Can we PLEASE make the move happen? I'm tired of every week chasing which
> commit in my 100-commit-on-top-of-origin master branch included
> src/3rdparty/v8 by accident.

Hey, there's even a task for it now:
https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-23423

> At the very least, please apply the two attached patches as soon as possible.
> (V8 isn't subject to the CLA and I'm not sending patches to Google either)

The mksnapshot issue has been fixed upstream in v8 version 3.8.1. We can
use your patch until we rebase past that version.

I created http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=1885 for the icc
fix (note that I'm not allowed to submit patches :( ). Make sure to vote
for it! ;) I'll import your patch into our tree for the time being.

I will amend your patches so they link to the relevant upstream
bugs/commits.

Kent