[Development] V8's location

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 3 16:45:27 CET 2012

On Tuesday, 3 de January de 2012 15.21.26, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> Not sure how it works currently. But in general it'd be good if we can fix
> this once and for all by adding proper cross compilation support to
> qmake/configure. Something where you can specify host vs target in the
> .pro file.

Configure already sets a "default" mkspec symlink that matches the target
mkspec. Making it also create a symlink for "default-host" which matches the
host platform would be easy.

The tricky part is using that.

You could specify the -spec default-host option when running configure, but
last I checked with Marius (or was it still Sam?), you can't add that to the
.pro file because it's too late. The spec file was already loaded by the time
the .pro file is parsed. So my guess is this would be a major incursion into
qmake to support the feature.

It would probably be easier, though uglier, to add a separate file that is read
by qmake when it finds the .pro file.