[Development] Possible bug in signals and slots handling in QML.

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:11:40 CET 2012

@Craig:
Good to know, thanks. To be honest, I don't think anybody actually
tried double underscores for signal name, in the conversation on QtDN
it just cropped up as a sort of "what if" scenario.

But, to take it one step further - does that really matter in QML?
MOC, AFAIK, is using signals by their name (string), and QML code does
not get through C++ compiler.

@Martin:
> 1. The capitalization of the first alpha character after the underscore is deliberate.  Signal handlers are defined as being 'on' followed by a capital letter.  Since underscore has no capital, it must be the first non-underscore letter.

OK. If I don't forget to, I'll look into Qt5 docs to see if this is
stated there.

> 2. on__PrivateSignal does work in Qt 5.0.  We won't be changing this in earlier Qt versions.

Right, good to know.

I'll quote both of you on QtDN, to keep others updated - if you don't
mind. If you do, please write to stop me :)

Cheers,
sierdzio