[Development] My Android QhrisTma5 wish list.

gunnar.sletta at nokia.com gunnar.sletta at nokia.com
Wed Jan 4 09:21:15 CET 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 7:24 PM, ext BogDan wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I forgot on item on my list, I hope is not too late :)
> A way to pause/resume the application (all QEventLoop(s)) from another thread.
> It is useful because Android tries to pause the application when it goes in background
>
> and some time it destroys some critical resources (e.g. the OpenGL context, etc).
>
> If I can't pause the application (especially the drawings), it may crash,

The scene graph and the GL context will actually be gracefully invalidated and deleted when the app window is hidden now. We do this allways now. No rendering happens then and animations switch to using timers rather than vsync to progress. Because timers and animations can still used to drive non-visual stuff they are still running, but graphics wise, the app is dead.