[Development] Possible bug in signals and slots handling in QML.

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 4 16:29:10 CET 2012

On Wednesday, 4 de January de 2012 09.42.52, Atlant Schmidt wrote:
>   Let me more-explicitly/completely state the rule
>   that I use:
>
>     1. Always use the canonical casing for an identifier.
>
>     2. Don't create any other identifiers that differ
>        from an existing canonical identifier only in
>        their casing.

That assumes you have an option to follow your rules.

I'm asking for consideration of the case where you *don't* have an option.
Mangling identifiers and magic identifier injection are really bad.

Think also of how Qt Creator or any code model needs to do to find the property
or signal related to "onFooBar". It cannot lowercase the the 'F' because it
doesn't *know* that the original identifier is "fooBar". It should search all
identifiers for the one that, mangled, produces the "onFooBar" handler.

The problem with this mangling is that it's not 1:1. That's why I'm calling it
bad.