[Development] Qftp removal

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 5 17:06:09 CET 2012

On Thursday, 5 de January de 2012 15.27.52, shane.kearns at accenture.com wrote:
> A directory can be represented by an url, so list, mkdir, rmdir could be
> easily implemented through QNAM's sendCustomRequest The rename operation
> isn't a good fit, because it requires two urls or a hacky custom format to
> encode source and destination in one url.

By the way, these are the KIO operations:

	SimpleJob mkdir(KUrl)
	SimpleJob rmdir(KUrl)
	SimpleJob chmod(KUrl, int)
	SimpleJob chown(KUrl, QString, QString)
	SimpleJob setModificationTime(KUrl, QDateTime) (POSIX utime)
	SimpleJob rename(KUrl, KUrl)
	SimpleJob symlink(QString, KUrl)
	SimpleJob mount
	SimpleJob unmount
	StatJob stat(KUrl)
	FileJob open(KUrl)
	TransferJob get(KUrl)
	TransferJob put(KUrl)
	TransferJob http_post(KUrl, QByteArray)
	TransferJob http_delete(KUrl)
	MultiGetJob multi_get(KUrl)
	MimetypeJob mimetype(KUrl)
	FileCopyJob file_copy(KUrl, KUrl)
	FileCopyJob file_move(KUrl, KUrl)
	SimpleJob file_delete(KUrl)
	ListJob listDir(KUrl)
	ListJob listRecursive(KUrl)
	SimpleJob special

SimpleJob is a job that simply finishes, there is no data transfer in either
direction. Data-transferring jobs are TransferJob and StoredTransferJob (which
QNetworkReply was based on). StatJob and MimetypeJob are SimpleJobs with a bit
of extra information but I don't know why both exist. ListJob is a like the
TransferJob but it doesn't give you data, it gives you parsed directory
listing.

The FileJob is an interesting one that it allows you to perform seek(), read()
and write() while it's open. It's the only random-access job and the only that
allows interleaved I/O.

The FileCopyJob is an operation that downloads from one server and uploads to
another, then optionally issues a delete command.