[Development] heads-up: v8 module move

simon.hausmann at nokia.com simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Mon Jan 9 07:50:45 CET 2012

Hi,

This is a quick heads-up about some module dependency changes coming in this week:

In our attempt to move v8 out of qtbase into its own separate module, anyone wishing to compile
qtdeclarative will have to check out a new module:

    ssh://codereview.qt-project.org/qt/qtjsbackend.git
    git://gitorious.org/qt/qtjsbackend.git

and build it after qtbase and before qdeclarative, once

    http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,12222

has landed in qtbase.

In parallel we're trying to get the update propagated into qt5.git, which might take a bit longer.
qtdeclarative will be pinned to a qtbase hash that still does contain v8 until qtjsbackend.git has
hit qt5.git.

Simon