[Development] check, Mate!

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Tue Jan 10 09:39:34 CET 2012

On Monday, January 09, 2012 19:37:47 Gábor Lehel wrote:
> ...and apologies for the email spam but yet another complication is
> that if the header defining the macro is included later than the one
> which does the poisoning, that'll also result in an error. Probably
> that's also solvable by #ifdef QT_CHECK_FOR_IT #include all those
> headers before poisoning #endif but maybe the whole thing is more
> trouble than it's worth.

I think it's still worth it. Even given all the issues you raised, Qt can
still build Qt with the poison pragmas. Downstreams can choose to use it if
it's suitable for them (eg if they are legitimately using the macros). Most of
the macros have non-conflicting version (eg check has a variant with
underscores) which downstreams can use if they really want the macro.

I'm not volunteering anymore though. I filed a bug:

https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-23560

I didn't add it to the Qt 5 blockers, though it should probably be done before
Qt 5 so that method names can be changed where needed.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer