[Development] What's the story for Qt5 on Harmattan?

xizhi.zhu at nokia.com xizhi.zhu at nokia.com
Tue Jan 10 15:16:43 CET 2012

Hi,

I would like to get some clarity regarding Qt5 on Harmattan...

Based on the Wiki page here (http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Qt_5.0), Harmattan is not a Tier 1 platform.
I also didn't find any Wiki page saying anything regarding Tier 2 and Tier 3 platforms.

The only information I can find is from the Qt5-feedback mailing list [1], but I don't know any further plans / actions, except Oswald and Thiago pointed out Qt5 on Harmattan is still relevant [2].

Then could someone give some clarity to what scope Qt5 is supposed to be supported for Harmattan?

Note that there're certain essential (sub-)modules requiring Harmattan-specific back-end, e.g. bearer, P&S, system info. Also, many add-on modules from ex-mobility also require Harmattan-specific back-end.
Any one currently maintaining the code for Harmattan? Or at least any volunteers?
Any CI support under plan?
If there's nobody doing this, and no plan available, how can we keep Qt5 working on Harmattan?

[1] http://lists.qt.nokia.com/pipermail/qt5-feedback/2011-September/001459.html
[2] http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,12610

Xizhi Zhu (Steven)

Software Engineer @ Qt Development Frameworks