[Development] wiki login issues fixed

daniel.molkentin at nokia.com daniel.molkentin at nokia.com
Wed Jan 11 16:13:28 CET 2012

Hi,

I just wanted to inform you that we now run the wiki on the native mediawiki crowd authenticator for single sign logon. This fixes QTWEBSITE-326. The following issues are fixed:

-          https links require logins

-          impossible to log out from the wiki

-          different behavior between http and https links

-          no indication where to sign up for an account

https is now transparently enforced during login and for all processes , so your password is safe. Note however that as with most of the sites that employ that technique, your session cookie can still be stolen. Given that the wiki can be rolled back, that's less of an issue though.

Thanks to Robin Burchell for upstreaming the issue and to Sam Reed of MediaWiki fame for resolving our problems.

Cheers,
  Daniel