[Development] Role names and Proxy Models

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Mon Jan 16 13:45:23 CET 2012

On Monday 16 January 2012 12:37:42 Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On 16 January 2012 12:21, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com> wrote:
> > I think Qt 5 still do not implement ways to notify that the role name
> > change.
> Proper signals to handle that (along the lines of all other QAIM
> signals) can always be added after 5.0, right?

Yes and no.

Of course you can add a signal, but you must expect old code not to react on
it.  And in our case, I think the declarative engine cache the role name and
don't update it.
Other code might also rely on the name not changing, and would stop working
fine the day the signal is added and the role name changes.

So i think this should be in 5.0 if possible.