[Development] QLocale work

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Tue Jan 17 00:24:11 CET 2012

On Sunday 15 Jan 2012 22:53:31 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 de January de 2012 23.09.35, John Layt wrote:
> > * A QCldrLocale is not really needed for Qt purposes, it's only needed
> > for anyone who wants to know what individual settings are, like KDE
>
> What would this class provide that the regular QLocale wouldn't?

In the Locale KCM we need to know what each individual setting is so the user
can change them.  QLocale doesn't provide that, it's mostly just to/from
routines with a few necessary settings like decimal point exposed mainly for
other Qt classes like QString to use, and it really shouldn't be any more.

The KCM could probably get what it needs by using QSystemLocale and directly
querying ICU when QSystemLocale returns a null.  Or we could change or remove
the feature, but that's a flamewar for another list

John.