[Development] Instructions how to set up cherry-picking between Qt5 and Qt4 repositories?

ext-sami.1.rosendahl at nokia.com ext-sami.1.rosendahl at nokia.com
Tue Jan 17 09:35:23 CET 2012

Hi

I am backporting fixes I have pushed to Qt5 to Qt4.8 now that 4.8 is available in gerrit. I got comments to my Qt4.8 patches that I should preferably cherry-pick the Qt5 commits to Qt4. I do not know how to set up my environment to enable the cherry-picking because of the separate Qt5 and Qt4.x repositories and their different directory structures.

I found the tool qtrepotools/bin/git-qt-cherry-pick in Qt5 repository, but have not been able to figure out how to use it or how to set up the repositories to enable its use. Lacking the cherry-picking capability I have moved commits between Qt5 and 4.x using git format-patch & apply and have edited the paths in the patches to match the target repo.

Any help or instructions for setting up cherry-picking would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sami R