[Development] Removing outdated / orphan wince contacts backend from QtContacts module

cristiano.di-flora at nokia.com cristiano.di-flora at nokia.com
Fri Jan 20 09:23:38 CET 2012

Hi all,

The Qt5 QtContacts add-on module currently does not support anymore Windows CE backend.
However, the code coming from old Qt Mobility contacts API is still part of the QtContacts module source tree.
Since nobody is even planning to maintain / port that backend to the QtContacts API, I am planning now to remove it from the source tree.

Any immediate objections?

If not, I'll prepare a patch for this, and make it open for review in our CodeReview system as usual.

Ciao,
-Cristiano

Cristiano di Flora, PhD

SW Architect / Technical lead,