[Development] QLocale work

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 22:21:13 CET 2012

On Wednesday 18 Jan 2012 00:47:31 you wrote:

> * If we can port the QLocalePrivate number routines to call ICU instead of
> their current implementations, the rest of Qt will "just work",

Small wrinkle just turned up here, ICU only does parse/format for base 10
numbers and not for binary, octal or hex, which is technically correct as they
are not localised formats, but it's a pain none-the-less.

Because QLocale, QByteArray, QString and QTextStream offers the base option in
the public API, we will need to keep the existing code to do it.  If the
requested parse/format is for base 10 then we'll pass it to ICU, otherwise
we'll use the current code.  We will just need to document the behaviour that
other bases will always use the standard digits and not the local one.

John.