[Development] Qt Playground - 3D Audio module

michael.goddard at nokia.com michael.goddard at nokia.com
Wed Jan 25 05:43:09 CET 2012

Hello,

On 20/01/12 11:53 PM, "ext Laszlo Papp" <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

>> Hoe about QtAudio3D then?
>
>I am not familiar with Qt module naming conventions, but I think it is
>better than Qt3DAudio (ie. 3D would be more logical at the end of the
>module name) since:
>
>a) It is less likely to confuse someone into thinking it has any
>relevance to Qt3.
>b) More consistent with the existing QtQuick3D module naming.
>c) This name has the capital letters more separated. =)
>
>So I agree with you. :) Michael ?

Sounds good to me.  At some point (once it's not in playground) I think
the new library could probably move to the qtmultimedia.git as a separate
module in there, just to share some code.

See also http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,13500 for a QML Audio 3D
API we're also working on (there was also an earlier version last year
that was based on the old qtmmk.git repo)  - I think this should go with
the QtAudio3D stuff for now because I'm not sure that it will be ready for
the Qt5 feature freeze.

Cheers,
MichaelG