[Development] QTimeScheme for Qt - 5.0 or 5.1?

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Tue Jan 31 23:50:51 CET 2012

Few comments from my side:

* Agree with Thiago, that the class should be value based and called
QTimeZone
* I think such a class would be good to have in QtCore, but
* I'd prefer if we don't have to ship the database. As noted it can change
easily
and a compiled in database would get out of sync.
* ICU has timezone support as well. Something that could simplify our life?
* Do we need to support both the Windows and Unix format, or could we get
away with Unix only in a first version (if e.g. ICU provides the data)?

Cheers,
Lars