[Development] QtCS: OpenGL session notes

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Tue Jul 3 10:08:17 CEST 2012

On 07/02/2012 02:57 PM, ext Keith Gardner wrote:
> Why don't you make an OpenGL middleware driver?  Then your application will always be an OpenGL application and the middleware driver will take all of the OpenGL calls in place of the system's driver and do the translation there?  The middleware driver will then contain the ANGLE code and the application will be none the wiser.

Well, whichever way it's done requires proxying all the OpenGL calls
somehow, if we wish to support both ANGLE and native OpenGL with QtGui.

Sounds like a fairly big task though. For now, Qt on Windows will have
to be configured to either support ANGLE or the native OpenGL driver,
not both at the same time.

--
Samuel