[Development] Migrating widgets out of qtbase into their own repo

gunnar.sletta at nokia.com gunnar.sletta at nokia.com
Wed Jul 4 08:03:10 CEST 2012

Not concrete plans, but over the last few months a number of changes has went in that makes this more feasible, as this is one of the end goals we eventually wanted to reach with Qt 5. Kent was the last person looking into this. We already have the -no-widgets option and most of Qt's modules can by now be compiled without the presence of the widget library.

One problem with such a move is that it would remove quite a lot of both autotests and examples from the qtbase library as many of them currently use widgets to show stuff. These are things we anyway want to clean up, of course...

While on the topic, if we move the widgets, we should also move libQtPrintSupport and libQtOpenGL to their own repositories.

cheers,
Gunnar