[Development] Proposal: Remove QML from Qt's code base (OR: Should it be a requirement that Qt Modules are interoperable?)

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:17:57 CEST 2012

On Jul 3, 2012 10:04 PM, <lorn.potter at nokia.com> wrote:

> QML was started long before Nokia bought Trolltech.
>
> To answer your question, my opinion is No, QML should not be removed.

Lorn, so you think it should be allowed that Qt Modules are not
interoperable?

Also, did QML in the Trolltech days have javascript hacked on and
forced-JIT in the design? There's a 3rd option that I intentionally didn't
mention that is actually a sensible home for QML: .ui file replacement.
Currently QML depends too much on itself to be a .ui file replacement.
There is no C++ equivalent of much of the functionality in QML, whereas
everything you can do in a .ui file, you can do in C++.

d3fault