[Development] Move QAction from QtWidgets to QtGui

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Wed Jul 4 10:22:06 CEST 2012

A few comments on the thread:

* a QAction like class is needed, and yes it could maybe even live in QtCore

* current Action is very tied to.widgets and i don't think splitting it up is a good idea

* integration between a new action class and qaction doesn't require inheritance.

* i believe this class can and should be developed together with QML components using it and with QAction interoperability in mind.

* this can IMO be done after 5.0

Cheers,

Lars

On 04.07.12 09:33 ext André Somers wrote:

Op 3-7-2012 18:31, Tomasz Siekierda schreef:
> Hi,
>
> just a quick note regarding this:
>
>> Would it not be possible to split QAction in two classes, just like
> QApplication was split? We could perhaps create a QCoreAction
>
> I think a better name would be QSimpleAction. Runs off the tongue a
> bit more smoothly, plus the "Core" in the name will certainly make it
> more associated with QtCore in peoples' minds, while you propose it to
> go into QtGui. Otherwise, +1 from me for that idea, QAction is
> seriously useful stuff.
It's the idea that counts for me, not the name. However, I am not even
convinced that it should move to QtGui. Perhaps it _does_ belong in QtCore.

André