[Development] Move QAction from QtWidgets to QtGui

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Jul 4 16:00:02 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 08:22:06 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> * integration between a new action class and qaction doesn't require
> inheritance.
>
> * i believe this class can and should be developed together with QML
> components using it and with QAction interoperability in mind.

This would mean something like:

  QQuickAction *quickAction1 = ...;
  qmlContext->setContextProperty("action1", quickAction1);
  myWidget->addAction(new QAction(quickAction, someParent));

for each action? Or exporting some kind of actioncollection to qml instead?
The actions need to be created in C++ if a hybrid application with mixed APIs
is the goal.

I'm glad interoperability with QAction is one of your goals with this stuff.
>From what you said before, it didn't seem like it. It seemed like rather
separation of the QtQuick and QtWidgets action API to avoid breakage was the
goal:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/1093/focus=1180

So, I'm looking forward to eventually seeing your ideas for how hybrids and
interoperability might work (some time after vacation I hope :)).

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer