[Development] Proposal: Remove QML from Qt's code base (OR: Should it be a requirement that Qt Modules are interoperable?)

casper.vandonderen at nokia.com casper.vandonderen at nokia.com
Wed Jul 4 13:27:55 CEST 2012

> The modularization system already gives you this ability. If you do not build the qtdeclarative module, it will not
> install itself in the mkspecs/modules directory under QT_INSTALL_PATH and will not be available as modules.

> .pro files can check for the availability of a certain module and include/exclude files based on that or otherwise
> adapt the build of that particular module. I'm sure there quite a few places where this check could be added in the
> dependent modules, but it should be doable to fix those one by one as they come up.

So that is possible.
QtQuick3D for example just does:
"QT = core gui qml quick 3d"

and there is no check anywhere in that repo that checks if QML should be built, so you get an error about missing qml and quick modules.

I wouldn't mind fixing it, but I just missed how you can check for this stuff (and a quick Google does not find it).

Casper