[Development] Move math3d from QtGui to QtCore

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jul 5 17:26:45 CEST 2012

On quinta-feira, 5 de julho de 2012 14.32.33, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Aye, so much for collaboration! Let me duplicate 9X% of those classes
> so we can maintain from two places. We can surely afford this since we
> are a manpower army (especially looking forward in the near future
> with this Nokia change).

Talking about your case in specific: multimedia applications often have a GUI.
So using QtGui is not a big deal.  As I said, 99% of the applications do use
QtGui anyway, so moving the classes into QtCore does not buy you much.

You haven't been able to convince me that there are many applications that
would use those classes but don't have any GUI, plus you haven't told me
whether the single-precision floating point internals would suffice for your
needs.