[Development] Move math3d from QtGui to QtCore

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Jul 6 07:54:19 CEST 2012

> But you failed to indicate how you'd address the main issue of it using float,
> which leads me to believe you did not do a thorough investigation of the API
> and the internals before you made your proposal.

To be fair, I have already asked twice without getting *any* replies:
what about QPointF3D (and then QPoint3D for sure, but the concrete
term is not that I have strong opinion about this). We have QPointF,
and QPoint. Is there any problems with following the integer and
floating point version design at other places ?

> As such, I feel very
> comfortable in blocking this now: without the pressure of Qt 5.0, you have
> more time to design a better API.

You do not understand for some reasons, if this does not happen now,
it will not happen in Qt5 to move outside QtGui, and have something
shared in common at that place only during the upcoming few years.

In any case, I would call for QPointF3D (and similarities) again. I
can even offer my help with volunteering. My only requirement is
collaboration. Although, if it does not happen, I will establish such
things in QtAudio3D most likely since not much I can do, if the
collaboration is rejected.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp