[Development] QSvg, why is QSvgHandler private?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 22:29:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

I was playing a bit with some code profiling and noticed that some
project is using QSvgRenderer::load(...) to determine if a svg is
valid or not. That is quite a heavy operation! When digging in the Qt
code i "discovered" that Qt internally is using QSvgHandler
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtsvg/blobs/master/src/svg/qsvghandler_p.h
to determine if an SVG is valid or not.

That raises the question, why isn't that class public? It's very
convenient functionality to have.

So, is there anyway for me to use the private class anyway? I know it
shouldn't be done, but it's just something i'd like to try if possible
and see how much difference it makes if i use that opposed to
QSvgRenderer::load.
Do i need to include something extra in cmake (not using qmake in this project)?

Please don't suggest to use QWebkit and i also know that QSvg is on
it's way out for Qt 5.. I've done my homework ;)

Cheers,
Mark