[Development] Contributing to the Qt Project behind a hefty firewall and proxy server

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 17:10:22 CEST 2012

> He also says that you should at the same time have a discussion with
> Corporate Security to make them understand that the current situation is
> hurting the organization, and try to get it changed so you _don't_ have
> to circumvent Corporate Security. (Normally it's grounds for getting the
> "pink slip" immediately.)

Why open the port up globally with its own drawbacks just because of
one project? If this can get fixed, and the "circumventing"
(communicating with patches good for a company over 443) is accepted
in a network (let it corporate or personal), I do not see the problem
and the reason to change the existing practicies.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp