[Development] OpenGL Support in Qt5

simon.hausmann at nokia.com simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Mon Jul 16 16:48:09 CEST 2012

It gets worse :)

For the Linux Desktop we also want Qt to not only work with Mesa (which provides us with a GLES 2 api), we also want it to function with say the proprietary nvidia drivers, which do not provide GLES (on ia32/x64) or the wayland egl extensions.

Simon

--
Sendt fra min Nokia N916.07.12 16:21 skrev ext Thiago Macieira:
On segunda-feira, 16 de julho de 2012 15.12.15, Sean Harmer wrote:
> On Monday 16 July 2012 07:08:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I'm asking for Qt 5.0: what should we tell Linux distributors to configure
> > qtbase with? Considering what requirements qtwayland has, I think it needs
> > to be -opengl es2.
> >
> > Correct?
>
> If using wayland then yes I believe so.
>
> If using xcb backend then -opengl desktop works fine.

There's only one build of Qt. The choice is made at compile-time of qtbase,
not at run-time like the platform plugin.

So everyone should use OpenGL ES 2.