[Development] Can we bring back QT += declarative?

casper.vandonderen at nokia.com casper.vandonderen at nokia.com
Thu Jul 19 12:58:24 CEST 2012

On 7/19/12 12:40 PM, "Knoll Lars (Nokia-MP/Oslo)" <lars.knoll at nokia.com>
wrote:

>On 6/29/12 11:37 PM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On quinta-feira, 28 de junho de 2012 23.53.51, martin.jones at nokia.com
>>wrote:
>>> Reassigning "declarative" back to qtquick1 could be done.  I'm not sure
>>>that
>>> is an improvement since we have QtQuick 2 in the qtdeclarative module,
>>>so
>>> it actually becomes more confusing.
>>
>>And the Qt Quick 2 library is called QtDeclarative. How about we do a
>>swap-
>>around and rename the Qt Quick 1 library back to QtDeclarative (its API
>>is
>>QDeclarativeXXX anyway) and we rename the Qt Quick 2 library to
>>libQtQuick2?
>
>The Qt Quick 2 lib is called libQtQuick, not QtDeclarative. We could
>rename the old lib back, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Making QT +=
>declarative work and link against libQtQuick1 should be enough.

What do we want to do in the examples in that case? Can we there still use
"QT += qtquick1"? For people that are new to Qt using "QT += declarative"
might confuse them that they are using something that is not in the
qtdeclarative folder (and that they are using an add-on instead of an
essential, even though the name of the essential git repo is qtdeclarative)

Casper