[Development] QFileSystemWatcher and Recursive Monitoring

logic.cpp logic.cpp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:16:08 CEST 2012

> Are you sure about that?  The documentation specifies an
> kFSEventStreamEventFlagMustScanSubDirs flag for
> events which indicates that a problem happened either in the kernel or
> user space and events were coalesced.

Events being coalesced is another unrelated thing (a feature in fact - not an
issue). The 'kFSEventStreamEventFlagMustScanSubDirs' thing is an important event
that lets the user know that "Whoa- too much has happened and buffers have
overflowed, assume that some events are not recorded/missing so it's time for
you to to a bit of manual scanning." The same is available on Windows RDCW and
in inotify. Indeed this is yet another file-system event we should offer in Qt
that QFSW does not currently account for.