[Development] QFileSystemWatcher and Recursive Monitoring

logic.cpp logic.cpp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:29:17 CEST 2012

> How will you handle renames?  It looks like ReadDirectoryChanges uses
> two separate events, leaving it up to the user to match them up.

As for renames (and moves on Linux/X11) we'd need to come up with some mechanism
to sebd 2 pieces of information in one signal. This can be either quick-n-dirty
passing a concatenated string (semicolon separated or whatever) as the path
value, or getting fancy with passing pointers to structures that may have
several pieces of info packed in depending on whether it's a regular event or a
rename/move event.

Or I dunno, any other ideas? It's reallys just a technicality that can
definitely be figured out easily.
-regedit