[Development] [Qt-creator] Designer: Buddy checkbox disables OK button?

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Tue Jul 24 18:18:24 CEST 2012

On 7/23/12 1:54 PM, Stephen Chu wrote:
> I was adding rows to a form layout and find that once I checked the
> Buddy checkbox, the OK button became disabled:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/j6cth.png
>
> Is this intended? How do I set the pair to be buddies then?
>
> This is with Creator 2.5.1 built from git pull on OS X 10.7.4.

So I figured out that this is a Designer issue, not Creator since
Creator only builds a plugin that load Designer. Cross over to
development list.

After diving into Designer source, I find out I need the have a
so-called "buddy marker" which is a '&' in the label text. After
including that, the buddy checkbox automatically checked.

I can't find any mention of the "buddy mark" anywhere. Why do we need
that in the label? And why does buddy check rely on it? I can still
specify buddy relation with buddy edit mode WITHOUT the marker in the
label. So why is it required?

And if it's required for good reason, the buddy check box should be
disable since it's always linked to the existence of the marker.