[Development] Use of official OpenGL/ES2 headers

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue Jul 31 10:29:34 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 24 July 2012 13:18:44 Sean Harmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to tidy up some more of the OpenGL support in Qt5. Throughout
> Qt5's OpenGL support classes there are a large number of #defines copy and
> pasted from upstream OpenGL/ES headers. We now have quite a significant
> number of such defines in the Qt code base.
>
> The following WIP patch changes the need for this by using the official
> glext.h (or gl2ext.h) headers on the build system.
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,28334

The above patch has been updated to ship the official glext.h and gl2ext.h
headers from Khronos with Qt.

The patch removes as many #define GL_* definitions from the Qt sources as is
possible at this time. There's just a handful left that need a little more
investigation and refactoring which I will address later.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer