[Development] QFileSystemWatcher and Recursive Monitoring

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 11:04:24 CEST 2012

I've been thinking about it some more, and I think it would be a good idea
to add another optional bool to the opt-in custom interface constructor.

So it now would be:
QFileSystemWatcher(IQFileSystemWatcherSpecialCoarseToFineGrainedNotificationsFigureOuter
*userCustomSnapshotComparisonCode, bool
alwaysUseCustomFigureOuterEvenIfPlatformDoesntNeedIt = false, QObject
*parent = 0);

The reason for the additional bool is that we cannot predict what criteria
a _user_ will use to determine a file changed. They may ignore certain
changes that the native platform would emit, which will lead to
inconsistencies in their application on platforms with native support vs.
those without. The bool allows them to opt to take control of every
platform so there aren't any inconsistencies. It defaults to false because
most of the time the user will want to use the much more efficient native
platform notifications when available.

We need a pretty beefy class description explaining all this.

d3fault