[Development] QML TranslationLoader element?

Jeremy Lainé jeremy.laine at m4x.org
Mon Jul 30 19:34:23 CEST 2012

I have found QML's network transparency very handy for loading whole UIs over the network, it makes it possible for instance to have "live updates" to an application provided all the changes happen on the QML side. However, once internationalization comes into play, there's a catch: unless I'm mistaken there's currently no way to load Qt's .qm translations straight from QML code.

I was therefore thinking of adding a "TranslationLoader" QML element (along the lines of FontLoader) which would have the following properties:

- QUrl source: the URL to the .qm file
- enumeration status (Null / Ready / Loading / Error): the loader's status

Any thoughts on such an addition, or on a better API?

Jeremy