[Development] QML TranslationLoader element?

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Mon Jul 30 20:17:04 CEST 2012

Jeremy,

 Take a look here:

            - https://gitorious.org/cquick#more
            - a brain dump spec I am waiting for some free time (god I
need more of that!) to finish,
http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2011/wiki/CrowdQuick

I'd be happy if people would join and help me get this up and running.
My idea as well for localization is to element out texts etc and load
them on demand , based perhaps on user's location or locale
preference.

 I have a basic backend here: http://www.crowdquick.org/  , take a
look at the code in gitorious, really not much but that is what I
managed to pull so far with my very limited spare time.

Currently I want to achieve a client that will be able to load QML off
the cloud , I started modding this example but I got bery busy again
so this got side wayed, this is relevant for that:
- http://www.mail-archive.com/interest@qt-project.org/msg02744.html
- http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/network-download.html

I've started sanitizing the example so it could be usable as a utility
class for cqclient  but never finished due to time constraints.

Your feedback and help appreciated!

-Sivan

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Jeremy Lainé <jeremy.laine at m4x.org> wrote:
> I have found QML's network transparency very handy for loading whole UIs over the network, it makes it possible for instance to have "live updates" to an application provided all the changes happen on the QML side. However, once internationalization comes into play, there's a catch: unless I'm mistaken there's currently no way to load Qt's .qm translations straight from QML code.
>
> I was therefore thinking of adding a "TranslationLoader" QML element (along the lines of FontLoader) which would have the following properties:
>
> - QUrl source: the URL to the .qm file
> - enumeration status (Null / Ready / Loading / Error): the loader's status
>
> Any thoughts on such an addition, or on a better API?
>
> Jeremy

-Sivan