[Development] Qt CS & videos of module maintainers

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Sat Jun 2 01:12:23 CEST 2012

(((Posting here to reach module maintainers and humans alike)))

Most Qt Essentials module maintainers will be at the Qt Contributors
Summit and we want to take this chance to shot video interviews to be
edited and be part of the Qt 5 launch. The idea of these interviews is
to explain to the masses what the module does, why it's important in Qt
5 and what is new & interesting.

I need to come up with the exact list of people to interview, in order
to arrange time slots with them. If you are a maintainer and you are
happy with the idea please send me an email (if you are not happy send
me the email as well).  ;)

Questions:

- No offense but... do all the modules need to be featured to give an
overall picture of Qt 5? Looking at
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Essentials-Modules I wonder about Qt JS
Backend, Qt SQL & Qt Test. Also, would it make sense to have a single
person to cover Qt GUI, Qt QML & Qt Quick? This would make 5 interviews
less (7 maintainers + Lars).

- Is there an add-on module maintainer that should get a video interview
as well? Qt Wayland fit in the buzzword count.  ;)

- Qt Platform Abstraction is a top topic. Should we have a speaker? Who?

- If the maintainer won't make it to the interview then he needs to
nominate the speaker.

Also a question to those that have been to the venue: what is the best
place to have these interviews? The video company can bring a but of
furniture for a cozy corner in the main hall, I guess it shouldn't be
too noisy during sessions. Is it outside in the terrace an alternative?
Another option would be to borrow a Seminaar room during lunch breaks.
Ideas welcome - it's difficult to decide without having been there.

--
Quim