[Development] Qt CS & videos of module maintainers

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Thu Jun 7 00:06:28 CEST 2012

Silence = freedom for me to decide. See below.

On 06/01/2012 04:12 PM, ext Quim Gil wrote:
> (((Posting here to reach module maintainers and humans alike)))
>
> Most Qt Essentials module maintainers will be at the Qt Contributors
> Summit and we want to take this chance to shot video interviews to be
> edited and be part of the Qt 5 launch. The idea of these interviews is
> to explain to the masses what the module does, why it's important in Qt
> 5 and what is new&  interesting.
>
> I need to come up with the exact list of people to interview, in order
> to arrange time slots with them. If you are a maintainer and you are
> happy with the idea please send me an email (if you are not happy send
> me the email as well).  ;)
>

> Questions:
>
> - No offense but... do all the modules need to be featured to give an
> overall picture of Qt 5? Looking at
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Essentials-Modules I wonder about Qt JS
> Backend, Qt SQL&  Qt Test. Also, would it make sense to have a single
> person to cover Qt GUI, Qt QML&  Qt Quick? This would make 5 interviews
> less (7 maintainers + Lars).

Unless someone protests this is what we will do, except that Qt GUI will
be coupled with QPA - see below.

> - Is there an add-on module maintainer that should get a video interview
> as well? Qt Wayland fit in the buzzword count.  ;)

If nobody answers then the answer will be No.

> - Qt Platform Abstraction is a top topic. Should we have a speaker? Who?

Samuel is now the default candidate.

> - If the maintainer won't make it to the interview then he needs to
> nominate the speaker.

I will contact each of the maintainers in order to book 1h of their time
during Qt CS. That will be your chance to delegate if you won't make it.

> Also a question to those that have been to the venue: what is the best
> place to have these interviews? The video company can bring a but of
> furniture for a cozy corner in the main hall, I guess it shouldn't be
> too noisy during sessions. Is it outside in the terrace an alternative?
> Another option would be to borrow a Seminaar room during lunch breaks.
> Ideas welcome - it's difficult to decide without having been there.

I will ask the venue directly.

--
Quim