[Development] Becoming a Tier 1 platform and the CI System

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Jun 6 14:20:31 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 06 June 2012 12:02:23 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> On 6/6/12 1:56 PM, "ext Sean Harmer" <sean.harmer at kdab.com> wrote:
> >I understand and integrating into the CI system would seem by far the
> >most
> >sensible way to go in terms of maintainability, reducing man-power at
> >release
> >time and preventing introduction of regressions.
>
> Absolutely. But that requires that someone steps up and creates a CI
> infrastructure we can use. The current one is based on a commercial
> solution that Nokia unfortunately can't hand out to everybody. It should
> however be possible to use the existing scripts (with some modifications)
> on Jenkins.

Can you elucidate on what you mean by "someone steps up and creates a CI
infrastructure" please?

Do you mean that the existing one needs hooks adding to allow additional
external nodes to be plugged in? Or that new hardware, hosting, CI tool and
everything else is needed from fresh? Or something in between?

> For packages we currently always use the tested combinations from qt5.git.

OK so we have 2 things to support:

* Test integrating commits in gerrit
* Test release candidates

We have also done some work on building Qt SDKs targeted at QNX/Blackberry 10
including Qt Creator integration. These will hopefully get upstreamed at some
point too.

> >Once we have that aspect working we can take a look at feeding back the
> >results of the build and eventually tests.
>
> Please also subscribe on releases at qt-project.org where the testing results
> should go.

Done ;)

Thanks,