[Development] Becoming a Tier 1 platform and the CI System

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jun 7 09:41:49 CEST 2012

On quinta-feira, 7 de junho de 2012 05.53.01, daniel.molkentin at nokia.com
wrote:
> How likely/far away is it that we can switch from Pulse to Jenkins for CI?
> Because in that case, we could federate CI builds.
>
> Given that the actual logic should be shell/perl/python scripts, this should
> be doable, right?

Do we need to?

I know the Gerrit control is a script that Sergio wrote one year ago. I think
we need a two-step solution:

1) make a command stream that has a "here, start testing this". It can be
something as simple as a public TCP socket that that never receives, but
prints a line with the build ID whenever it's ready to test. If public is a
security concern, we can allow only specific SSH keys. This should be
relatively simple.

Bonus target is for it to produce a "stop testing, this has already failed"
command.

2) modify the above to receive a reply from authorised sources containing a
pass / fail and, maybe, logs. This is much more complex, since it needs to
deal with connections breaking. The CI control script needs to be modified to
accept multiple replies and produce a conclusion.