[Development] Qt5 packages for Ubuntu

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Fri Jun 8 12:10:15 CEST 2012

Hi Zoltan,

that's great news. Thanks for creating these packages.

On 6/8/12 11:23 AM, "ext Zoltán Balogh" <zoltan.balogh at canonical.com>
wrote:

>On 06/08/2012 12:10 PM, a.grandi at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 8 June 2012 12:05, Zoltán Balogh<zoltan.balogh at canonical.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I guess we all are very excited about the upcoming Qt5 beta or final
>>> release. I am sure many of you have been playing with the tar.gz
>>> releases or straight with the code from the gitorious.
>>>
>>> For some time I am working on to release installable Qt5 binary and
>>> source packages for Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> Finally today I managed to publish the most important Qt5 modules (yes,
>>> the qtwebkit too and the snowshoe as test app) for Precise and Quantal
>>> releases. You can find i386, amd64 and most importantly armel packages
>>> in this PPA:
>>>https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-daily
>> that's a very good news! Just a question: what modules are currently
>> missing at the moment?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>I did not package the qtsystems  qlalr qtactiveqt qtconnectivity
>qtdocgallery qtfeedback qtgraphicaleffects qtimageformats qtqa qtsensors
>qtsystems qtwayland qtjsondb  qtlocation modules.

At least qtimageformats and qtgraphicaleffects would be great to have.
image formats, so Qt can deal with most types of images, and graphical
effects as they are very cool demos of what can be done with Qt 5.
qtwayland if you want to play with Qt on wayland would be good as well.

Cheers,
Lars