[Development] Why we *have to* remove codecFor... ?

1+1=2 dbzhang800 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 03:32:57 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On sábado, 9 de junho de 2012 01.42.21, 1+1=2 wrote:
>> > Do we need this for every file, or is one entry in qglobal.h enough?
>>
>> One entry in qglobal.h is enough.
>
> It's also weird. The option should be the input charset, not the execution
> charset.

Rules of MSVC's input-charset:

If BOM exists, associated encoding is used as the input-chaset
If no BOM exists, locale encoding is used as the input-chaset. locale
encoding can be specified by

@
#pragma setlocale("...")
@

But there is not UTF-8 locale under Windows.

Debao