[Development] Make qdoc an officially supported tool for generating QML API documentation

casper.vandonderen at nokia.com casper.vandonderen at nokia.com
Mon Jun 11 10:32:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have been very busy to get qdoc running outside of Qt (I am starting to
use qdoc as LaTeX-lite now if I just need an HTML page). I do agree that
the qdoc manual should be improved with examples that do not necessarily
reflect how we use qdoc with Qt.

All changes that we are doing to qdoc are only added to the Qt5 version of
qdoc (which is qdoc instead of qdoc3). The Qt5 version should also support
the \inherits you mentioned in the QTBUG (be aware that you cannot use
\inherits when documenting .qml files, since we automatically use the top
level element in the .qml file.

Casper