[Development] [Interest] C++11 in Qt5

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Wed Jun 13 20:59:54 CEST 2012

On 6/13/12 2:49 PM, bradley.hughes at nokia.com wrote:
> This is a new error that we also stumbled over today. Essentially, we can't enable C++11 language support in the compiler while the C++ library doesn't provide C++11 headers or features. It's all or nothing.

There are some other errors involving constexpr in some Qt headers too:

> To deal with this, we'll have to introduce a way to switch the C++ runtime when building for Mac OS X. The best option to do this is with a new mkspec. I have a commit that needed testing (i.e. I started the compile before I left work today). I'll upload the commits to Gerrit tomorrow.

So basically once C++11 features are enabled, there's no way to deploy
the built app to OS X 10.6 since there's no libc++ there?

Also we will have to build Qt itself with libc++ linkage since we do
want the resulting app to link against two different C++ runtime
libraries. Right?