[Development] Container refactor update

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:06:08 CEST 2012

On 19 June 2012 09:24, Alberto Mardegan <mardy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On 06/19/2012 11:58 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> On terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2012 09.54.15, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>>> So even no Apache licensed code could be used within Qt?
>>
>> Irrelevant. The CLA says that I can only submit code I authored myself. That
>> excludes everything that has a copyright, regardless of the license.
>
> I don't think that Peter was suggesting you to import the code from
> "folly", but just to have a look at how it's implemented. IANAL, but I
> think that you can have a look at any software code which you obtained
> legally, and pick this and that idea from it; as long as you close the
> original source file in your editor and let a couple of days pass before
> starting writing your own, you are authoring original code.
> Just make sure that you empty the clipboard. ;-)

Please, do NOT do that. Stick to clean room implementations. You don't
want to be involved in legal matters for copyright infringement
because someone argues that you have a good memory and indeed copied
the design.

Unfortunately, reading/using 3rd party, publicly available code is not
OK in general. There are companies that won't allow you to work for
them if you ever contributed to open source projects.

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo