[Development] Code of conduct.

sarah.j.smith at nokia.com sarah.j.smith at nokia.com
Fri Jun 22 05:03:54 CEST 2012

+1

I was an organizer of the 2011 Linux.conf.au and implemented the code of conduct for that.  Its a difficult thing to get in place, but once you have it, its an asset to help with building community and participation from a broad range of contributors.

Agreed that some may have thick skins; but others hear offensive behaviour and can get the impression that the community thinks that such behaviour is fine.  Seeing such behaviour effectively condoned makes the "non-thick-skinned" feel like leaving.

The code is there to say "no, we do not accept such things".  Yes, its good to have something to refer to when an incident occurs, but it also has an effect to help reduce such things in the first place, just by saying "please don't do that, signed The Community".

Sarah Smith
Team Lead Qt Quick 3D
Email: sarah.j.smith at nokia.com