[Development] qt 4/5 co-installs

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jun 26 23:31:23 CEST 2012

On terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2012 13.45.48, Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:
> I haven't looked into renaming the libraries. Before I do that, I
> wanted to check with the list on their thoughts/comments on this
> change.
>
> I do think the libraries and tools should be renamed.

I'm not going to comment on the tools.

But I don't see why the libraries need to be renamed. The sonames are different
already. Most development software does not support installing the development
files of two different major versions at the same time, in the same prefix.

Like:
	libmysqlclient.so
	libboost_regex.so
	libpng.so

That's just to name a few that change the target of the symlink quite often,
or have in the past and caused a lot of headache.